American Indian Scholars License Plate
The American Indian Scholars License Plate is a Colorado State issued plate with a medicine wheel design by Francis Sherwood. Colorado residents may secure one for a $25 donation plus a one time $50 Specialty plate fee at your local Motor Vehicle.
Motor vehicle and motorcycle plates are now available in all counties!
To get started:
- Click on the license plate below to visit our partner Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce.
- Fill out the online license plate application form.
- After the application form is saved and submitted, you should be redirected to the payments page.
- Select the Make Payment button, input total donation amount, and select continue. (You will be redirected to the final order form)
- *Important* for the description field please input the Year, Make, and Model of the vehicle(s) that the license plate(s) will be affixed to. (If this deductible contribution is for a gift and the year, make, model details are unknown. Please include the following description: “American Indian Scholars Gift“
- Fill out the rest of the payment information and you must include an email address for your digital receipt.
The purchaser may show the digital receipt, via printout or digital device, to the Motor Vehicle clerk as proof of payment.
Purchaser may complete purchase while in line or with the Motor Vehicle Clerk on site. You will be required to pay the standard license plate fees, taxes, and a one time $50 Specialty plate fee.
Your digital receipt is only valid for 2 weeks. Only process your payment when you are certain you can claim at your local Motor Vehicle office within the 2 week period. Failure to do so could result in a 3wk delay of processing. Should the receipt lapse beyond the two week grace period, the purchaser must contact RMICC for issuance of the Certificate. Purchaser may reach RMICC during regular business hours, 303.629.0102.
Proceeds go directly to the American Indian Scholars Scholarship fund. Additional donations are greatly appreciated.